CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Turkey Cheese Sandwich (like a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich)

This is such a great and easy recipe. It is one of John's favorites. I love to make it on a cold day or when we have friends over.

1 lb. Deli sliced Mesquite Grilled Turkey (the turkey must be thinnly sliced so that it sort of melts once put into the mixture)
1 lb. Deli sliced Turkey Pastrami
Butter
Pepper Jack Cheese
Onion
Bell Pepper
1 loaf of french bread

Cut the onion and bell peppers into slices and saute with the butter. When the onions and bell peppers are soft and the onions are getting translucent then add the two types of turkey. Add the turkey piece by piece (don't add all at once you must seperate and add a piece at a time). Once all turkey is added then cut the pepper jack chesse into small pieces and add to the mixture. The cheese will start melting and coating the turkey, onions and peppers. I use tongs to stir the mixture. Cut a loaf of french bread into 2 halves and broil in the oven until toasted. Once the cheese is completely melted put the mixture in the french bread for a GREAT TURKEY SANDWICH!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to second that this is a GREAT turkey sandwich. Paul keeps asking me to make this! I told my mom about it, too. I'll make sure she sees this post.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I am so going to the store this afternoon and making this tonight. YUMMY!! Will let you know how it comes out.

Kim said...

who Is that!!

Making this too..I'll let you know how it goes!!

Jennifer Adling said...

Mmmmmmm!

Averi said...

Man oh Man I want to eat this sandwich! I think Pat and I may have it this weekend.
Who are the anonymous folks?

Unknown said...

That is the BEST sandwich ever!

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

My parents came to see us this weekend and I made these sandwiches for everyone. They loved them! I did too. They were so yummy and I truly think the key to a good French Turkey Dip (I will call them that now...I also made some dipping sauce out of bouillon granules) is making sure the turkey is sliced as thinly as possible. Thanks for the recipe...YUM!

Stacy Chance said...

Kenda I am so glad that you made the sandwiches. They are so easy to make and have so much flavor. Next time I will try the dipping sauce - THanks for the good tip.