CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I WON!

I can't believe it but this weekend I WON A BRAND NEW HARLEY DAVIDSON! I attended an event for the Family Guidance and Outreach Center of Lubbock. They were raising money for abused children and they had a contest to win a Harley. My name was drawn to be a finalist out of several thousand entries. There were 30 finalists. They then eliminated each finalist one by one till they got down the final 3. I couldn't believe that my wasn't called and that I had made it to the final 3! The final three prizes were a helmet, a plasma TV and the grand prize was a Harly. My name was not announced for the helmet so I looked at John and we couldn't believe that I was going to either win the TV or the bike! We would have been happy with either but then they called the winner of the TV and it wasn't me. John and everyone at our table errupted in excitement and I FROZE! I couldn't believe my luck that I had just won a H-D! I started screaming - I WON, I WON, I WON! John had to push me to the stage where got on MY new bike and a crowd formed around me and people were congratulating me and taking my picture. I was so excited and tears were in my eyes. The announcer asked me "Now that you have won what are you going to do next?" I replied "I'm going to DISNEYLAND!" I'm not sure if I am going to keep the bike because I have the option to take the cash and I am thinking of paying off my student loans. If I did that other than my car I would be debt free! I still can't believe that I won it. Thank you Family Guidance and Outreach Center!
Did you know that 227 children died in Texas last year from child abuse? The Family Guidance and Outreach Center of Lubbock's slogan is "It shouldn't hurt to be a child" and they are working to provide support and education to battered children and their families. This is a great organization and I plan to get more involved.

8 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

Champ called and told us. That is CRAZY. You have so much luck.

Kerry Kern said...

WOW HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Kendra said...

That is awesome!! I have never been that lucky!!

Britta said...

Just goes to show the power of positive thinking. I am still amazed that you won! So cool! I think you should re-title this blog MY HOG BLOG.

Unknown said...

That is awesome!

Kerry Kern said...

Okay I am just gonna say it, I am sick of looking at this page, I am ready for something new on your blog Come on Stacy!!!!Blog Girl Blog!!!!!!Love you!!!

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

Incredible...my dad told me about it...so happy for you guys.

Britta said...

DUDE! Enough about you winning the Harley! I need to see something new - like Fredericksburg pictures! How 'bout them peaches???!!